Hover over each year for historical information about Crosslin Building Supply.
The Spahn & Rose Lumber Co. received its charter from the State of Iowa, January 24, 1904. It was incorporated by Mr. J. C. Collier, Mr. C. J. Spahn & Mr. G. D. Rose in a meeting on January 30, 1904. They immediately elected Mr. J. T. Adams & Mr. J. T. Carr to the Board of Directors. Mr. Rose was 25 years old & Mr. Spahn was 32 years old at this time.
In 1911, the main yard in Dubuque & the Corporate Office suffered a devastating fire. But giving up wasn’t an option for the men who founded the company. Spahn & Rose then built a new lumberyard at 11th & Jackson Streets, where the store remained prior to moving in 2015.